Banana bread is a wet cake, like bread made from ripe mashed bananas. This is “easy banana bread”, which means that it is ready to bake right away.
As for this particular bread, it is, without a doubt, from the category of recipes, which everyone who is keen on baking, must have tried …Bananas for this recipe must necessarily be overripe. That is – right – almost black outside, but almost fresh inside. What’s the point? And only in this way banana can give the most intense taste , but of course you have another option:
How can you ripen bananas quickly?
Here are my special methods: Bananas ripen in the oven. Heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and place a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the banana peel and all on the parchment and bake for 30-40 minutes, until the peel turns black and shiny. Let it cool for 1 hour and continue with the banana bread recipe.
Bananas ripen in a paper bag. If you have more time, put bananas in a paper bag with an apple. Fold and securely
Brief history of Banana Bread
If the United States of America, as well as Australia, banana bread is considered to be one of the traditional national dishes. Banana bread was first produced in America at the end of the eighteenth century.
So, banana bread contains a significant amount of vitamins of group B, as well as vitamins A and C. In addition, banana bread is rich in useful minerals such as zinc, copper, manganese, iron and potassium. Of course, the main difference of this bakery product from all the others is the presence of tropical fruits – bananas, which themselves have significant nutritional and taste properties.
- 4 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. (165 degrees Celsius) and grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients and whisk gently.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl mash the bananas, then add in the eggs, yogurt, oil and vanilla. Stir until well blended.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients, mix everything very well. Here, it is probably better not to do everything with a mixer, but with a spatula - the mixture is rather thick, and we don’t need extra bubbles here.
- Pour the batter into your greased loaf pan. If you’d like a pretty swirled effect, run the tip of a knife across the batter in a zig-zag pattern.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, until bread is lightly browned and internal temperature registers 190 degrees F.
- Let the bread cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes before slicing.
How to make banana bread moist?
Have you ever think about it? So, I would like to share with you what makes this recipe so incredible - adding yoghurt gives banana bread the best flavor and perfect wet, delicate texture.
How long to cook banana bread?
A plain 8-9 ″ pan of banana bread with yoghurt (without yogurt) is baked in 45-55 minutes. Also you can use mini-frying pans, baking takes 30-35 minutes, for cupcake, its all about 14-18 minutes. Always check the presence of fudge by measuring the temperature of the bread with a meat thermometer - it should show 190 degrees Fahrenheit, or by inserting a toothpick into the center and getting it clean.
Amount Per ServingCalories 615 Total Fat 21g Saturated Fat 12g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 7g Cholesterol 123mg Sodium 581mg Carbohydrates 100g Fiber 4g Sugar 52g Protein 9g
Does your banana bread sink in the middle?
It happens sometimes, don’t be panic!. Quick bread does not like to stir too much, so just try to mix all the ingredients together (better not to do everything with a mixer, but with a spatula, you will see the result). Another culprit because of overflowing, the bread pan must be only half filled . As always, make sure your baking powder — baking soda and baking powder — is not too old. Baking soda should be on the shelf for 6-9 months before buying a new one. And keep it in the fridge so that it lasts longer.
How to store banana bread?
Yes, you can freeze baked banana recipes. Most will stay fresh for 2-3 months in the freezer. Here some options: wrap it in parchment paper or freezer paper, then put it in a ziplock freezer bag. Instead of using a ziplock bag you can wrap it in foil or plastic wrap, you can also store banana bread at room temperature (wrapped tightly in plastic wrap) for 1-2 days; in the fridge (wrapped tightly in plastic wrap) for a one week