Welcome to my best banana muffins recipe. They are whole grain, fluffy, naturally sweetened, delicious banana muffins. The recipe includes simple ingredients, and you can mix them all in one bowl.
It will take quite a bit of time and effort, but the result will exceed all your expectations. Baking turns out to be incredibly tender, slightly moist inside, with a unique aroma of bananas and vanilla. The main thing is to choose the right banana. They must be very ripe and sweet, otherwise the pastry will turn out not so tasty and fragrant.
This is a delicious basic recipe, which you can optionally change and add, for example,:
- black and white chocolate chips for “Banana chocolate chips muffins”
From this amount of ingredients I got 14 wonderful muffins that disappeared somewhere instantly. Therefore, for a large family, my advice to you : make double portion!
How long to bake banana muffins?
Muffins will be ready in 20-25 minutes at a temperature from 160 to 180˚С. If your oven does not bake evenly, in the middle of baking, turn the pan with the dough to 200˚С. Do not overdo the muffins in the oven, otherwise they will dry out. Use the timer. Consider the features of your oven. Readiness check with a toothpick or a wooden spike: stick it in the center of the muffin, it should come out of it clean. Remove the ready muffins from the oven and let stand in the form of 5-10 minutes. After removing them from the mold and cool on a wire rack (if you leave the muffins in the pan, they will be damp).
How to store banana muffins?
Muffins are especially good on the day you baked them. They can be stored for several days at room temperature, but due to the relatively small amount of sugar and butter in the dough, they dry very quickly.
How can I freeze muffins?
Fully cooled muffins, put in a plastic bag (or tightly wrap each muffin with cling film or foil), let the air out, tie it tightly and put it in the freezer. Frozen muffins can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.
How to defrost?
Remove the required number of muffins from the freezer, take them out of the bag, put them in a baking muffin dish and leave at room temperature until thawed. Preheat oven to 200 ° C and place muffins in oven for 10-15 minutes. You can also heat them in the microwave.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 100 g sugar
- 100 g traditional butter fat 82%
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- refined vegetable oil (for lubrication of forms)
how to make banana muffins:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (165 degrees Celsius
- Add soft butter and sugar to a large bowl , in which we will prepare the dough for muffins. TIP: It is necessary to use just plain granulated sugar, not icing sugar.
- Mix the ingredients till the dough becomes homogeneous.
- Add eggs , and beat well
- To make pastries sweet, choose ripe or even over-ripe fruits. Green banana muffins are less tasty and golden. Gently grate the fruit on a grater with large holes. TIP: I do not recommend using an immersion blender for making muffins. The dough will become more liquid, and therefore more dense, less rise and not so airy. In addition, the pieces of grated bananas look beautiful in the muffin section.
- Now it is time to add dry ingredients: wheat flour, baking powder, a pinch of salt and vanilla, mix with a large spoon, just until combined
- Fill the molds. No need to fill the forms completely, filling each cup about two-thirds full and your muffins will not run away.
- Bake banana muffins for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
How to serve muffins?
Traditionally, muffins, unlike cupcakes and cakes, are not decorated with cream on top. Finished pastries can be decorated with slices of banana, mint leaves, sprinkled with powdered sugar or pour over chocolate icing and sprinkled with coconut chips or confectionery dressing. For a children's holiday, you can decorate baking toothpicks with various thematic images. Serve muffins while they are warm or completely cooled.
Amount Per ServingCalories 180 Total Fat 9g Saturated Fat 5g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 4g Cholesterol 49mg Sodium 276mg Carbohydrates 23g Fiber 1g Sugar 12g Protein 3g
guide how to choose the pan for muffins?
- Currently, there is a huge selection of pans for muffins with different form and material Standard muffins form has 12 holes, diameter of 7 cm and 3 cm deep. Most recipes are designed specifically for this form. There are also trays with 6, 16, 24 holes of standard size. Also you can bake large muffins (Jumbo muffins) (10 cm in diameter and 5 cm deep, usually 6 holes in one baking sheet) and for small mini muffins (5 cm in diameter and 1.5-2 cm deep, usually 12 or 24 cells in one pan).
- There are also separate molds for muffins, both corrugated and smooth. If desired, holes can be laid with paper capsules for baking or foil molds. Muffins will remain juicy inside, will look more elegant ,hands will remain clean after eating. However, if you like crust muffins, do not use capsules, but simply lubricate the cells with oil.
- If you use a muffin pan, spread out all the dough and if you still have empty cells – fill them in half with water, this will prevent deformation of the pan during baking.
- If you put the dough in a rectangular cake pan, you will get the so-called quick bread. Do not forget to increase the cooking time accordingly (approximately 60 minutes at 180 ° C). Muffin molds are steel, aluminum, cast iron, silicone. With non-stick coating and without it.
- The only thing that needs to be remembered if you use a baking tray with a dark coating, reduce the temperature of the oven specified in the recipe by 10 degrees C. (In dark forms, the dough bakes faster). Also, silicone forms do not need to be oiled before use. If you are preparing muffins, flip-flops, I would recommend using stand-alone silicone molds, it is more convenient to remove muffins from them.
How to get healthy muffins?
CHANGE THE OIL
- If you following a special diet, the main point will be to change traditional butter to organic coconut oil. Also, a good proposition will be a vegetable oil or olive oil or applesauce
EGG FREE MUFFINS
- I’m confident that these muffins will turn out well with flax eggs
- Replace flax eggs for regular eggs, use dairy-free milk like soya milk or almond milk and use maple syrup instead of sugar.
GLUTEN FREE MUFFINS
- GLUTEN FREE MUFFINS: Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free all-purpose blend works well instead of the whole wheat flour.