Today i have prepared for you an amazing original recipe from my childhood and also my favorite dish.This dish will be a great dessert, and an excellent breakfast, and no less successful afternoon tea. They are soft, airy, fragrant and literally hide on your tongue! Well intrigued? Well then, let’s go ahead: let’s talk a little about the history of the dish, its features, benefits and recipe for banana pancakes.
History of Pancake
Banana pancakes are nothing more than ordinary pancakes. In addition, already from the name it becomes clear that they are preparing these pancakes in a griddle. The word “pancake” was originally formed by the merger of two separate “cake” – a pie and “pan” – a frying pan. Their peculiarity is that such tasty foods are usually cooked not on kefir or whey, as is customary in the case of pancakes, but on fresh milk. Such pancakes contain less fat and are not as heavy on the stomach as their more common pancakes.
Of course, pancakes including bananas hardly to call dietary, but they are fried almost without fat, which undoubtedly does them honor. It is pleasant to consider that the United States is birthplace of the pancakes, although according to an unofficial, but still the most common version, the Scotchman came up with pancakes, who later brought them to America. It’s no joke to say that the Americans even invented a special household appliance for cooking these beautiful pancakes – a crepe maker, which is indispensable in the kitchen of any self-respecting American mistress. Today, the fashion for these snacks is rapidly gaining the hearts of our compatriots.
Is the any benefit of pancakes?
To write about the benefits of pancakes, frankly, a bit strange because we are accustomed to the fact that the dough is not the healthiest food. On the other hand, if you compare with fatty cakes or smoked sausages – for breakfast it is definitely better to devour banana pancakes, the recipe of which we will offer you today. Therefore, speaking about the benefits, we will be restrained and we note surprisingly the quality of such pancakes to raise the spirits and give a charge of cheerfulness and optimism for the whole day! In addition, do not forget that they can be cooked almost without fat, and this is also nice! So let’s not waste our time and make banana pancakes
- 250 ml of milk
- 3 tbsp. vegetable spoons or 40 oz. melted butter, it should be cooled or slightly warm, but not too hot
- 1 egg
- Scant 1 ¼ cup mashed bananas
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
How to make banana pancakes?
- Mix in a large bowl :milk, eggs, butter and sugar. It is not necessary to get the mixer, it is easy to whip everything with a whisk or fork, it works better.
- Mix flour, salt and baking powder, sift into the milk-egg mixture. Stir well to get a homogeneous mass without lumps
- Heat the pan, do not grease anything, it should be dry. For one pancake you need 2 tbsp. dough, so pour them quickly into the pan and wait until the bubbles begin to appear. As soon as this happens, turn over the pancake. Important: it is not necessary to wait when all the pancake is covered with bubbles, so as soon as they started to appear, we turn it over.
- On the other side, he cares even faster.
- Tip: while your rest pancakes are preparing you can keep them in a 200 degree Fahrenheit oven.
- Serve the pancakes , they so deletions when they are warm!
- DAIRY FREE: Just use coconut oil instead of fat butter.
- FLOUR: Use 100% whole wheat flour or gluten- free flour
- SUGAR: Preparing banana pancakes you don't need too much sugar, because of sweet bananas , just add a little bit of vanilla extract
Amount Per ServingCalories 1303 Total Fat 133g Saturated Fat 84g Trans Fat 5g Unsaturated Fat 40g Cholesterol 378mg Sodium 1226mg Carbohydrates 28g Fiber 2g Sugar 8g Protein 6g
Fluffy pancakes WITHOUT FLOUR, yes or no?
Pancakes without milk?
If you are interested in making pancakes without milk, you can replace with water or other liquids , also works well. Beer, for example, adds carbonation and yeast for extra fluffiness and creates more flavor. BUT REMEMBER this kind of pancakes are not for children
For a more enjoyable pancake for children, try apple or grape juice. Cut out the sugar so that the pancakes are not too sweet. Juice can also help you reduce the need for syrup.
Vegetable milk, such as almond, rice or soy milk, is well suited for people with allergies. Also use chocolate-milk to create a special chocolate flavor for children.
Here some tips to make the best pancakes:
1) Products must be fresh. Check firstly the baking powder its must be fresh.
2) You need to mix it up smoothly until the wet and dry components combine, AND that’s all. If you overdo it and the flour begins to develop gluten, you will not get fluffy pancakes, and finished with rubber pancakes
3) It will be better if I prepare the dough in advance? No! you should make pancakes as soon as possible after add baking powder, because of react, if you will wait too long , your result gonna be poor.
4) American pancakes mean a gentle even crust that does not need roastiness. It is best to cook pancakes on a dry frying pan.
5) You will keep them in the fridge for 2 days, or freeze them for up to three months, but as for me pancakes should be eaten immediately, in this case , pancakes will keep lightly color and strong flavour.
6) Pancakes you can also serve with other fruits ,cream, chocolate chips , coconut , jam…..
it’s very easy
SIMPLE VEGAN PANCAKES