banana pudding is a light “no bake” dessert, which uses instant vanilla pudding, vanilla waffles, cool whip, sour cream and bananas to achieve cool creamy refinement. The best Banana Pudding is a recipe you need for family celebrations, romantic evening, birthday party and also its very easy to make, cause of simple combination of ingredients.
How long does it take to make easy banana pudding
It takes about 10 minutes to put banana pudding together and then it is best to PUT it in the fridge for a 2- 3 hours so that the flavors can meld and become strong. Don’t worry if you have no time to wait, and need to get a big bowl right now, so taste it, one thing – pudding will be less stronger in flavor
What is the difference in a “no bake” banana pudding and a baked pudding
A “no bake” pudding is simply made by mixing the ingredients, assembling and then chilling the product. For this pudding we use instant pudding to form the basic pudding and therefore does not have to be baked.
A baked pudding is one where the itself pudding is made from scratch and must be baked for it to gel up and become a pudding.
The flavors of the baked and “no bake” puddings are similar but the texture is very different.
Can banana pudding be frozen?
This recipe for Banana Pudding will separate if you freeze it. SO, my advice to you : make a small portion if you cook just for two person , or share it with your friends, family….
How long does banana pudding last?
You can keep banana pudding in the fridge for 3 days. Don’t forget, that banana pudding has sour cream in it, so you should keep it in the fridge. Besides, this pudding is better when it is cold, especially on a hot summer day!
What can i add to my banana pudding?
Everything you like, here you have my propositions :
- Chocolate sauce
- Caramel Sauce
- Chocolate shavings on the top
- Kingsmen cookies
- Sliced Strawberries mixed
- Graham Crackers
Can I use Nilla Wafers instead of Shortbread?
Yes, you can ABSOLUTELY use Nilla Wafers. I just prefer shortbread. You could really add as many, or as few cookies as you want.
- 1 (8 ounce) block sour cream, room temperature
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 2 1/2 cups cold milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, or 8 ounces heavy cream, whipped
- 4 bananas, sliced
- 10 ounces shortbread cookies
Instructions how to make homemade banana pudding:
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment mix the sour cream and sweetened condensed milk together until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary, about 2-3 minutes on medium speed.
- Add in the dry pudding mix, milk and vanilla. Begin mixing on low for 30 seconds, slowly turning up the speed until you’re on high speed. Mix this for 4-5 minutes until thickened and smooth, again scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Fold 4 ounces (half) of the Cool Whip (or whipped cream) into the pudding until combined.
- Line the bottom of a 9×13 dish with as many shortbread cookies as you can fit. Evenly place the banana slices on top of the cookies. Spread the pudding on top of the bananas. Spread the remaining Cool Whip (or whipped cream) on top of the pudding.
- Cover with Cling Wrap and chill at least 3-4 hours.
- Make sure the sour cream is room temperature. If it’s cold it won’t mix up smooth
- Check the ounces on your sour cream – sour cream comes in all sorts of sizes.You want 8 ounces of the regular sour cream. DO NOT get the lite or low fat or whatever other varieties it comes in. Just go with the regular full on sour cream for this recipe.
- Next mix in vanilla pudding mix, milk, and vanilla extract. Make sure you buy INSTANT pudding, do not accidentally pick up the kind that has to be cooked.
- Beat the pudding mixture on high speed for about 5 minutes
- Please use yellow ripe bananas and not the old bananas with spots certainly not the green bananas.
Amount Per ServingCalories 691 Total Fat 37g Saturated Fat 18g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 15g Cholesterol 68mg Sodium 320mg Carbohydrates 81g Fiber 4g Sugar 37g Protein 11g